The Music Director is responsible to the Director for all musical aspects of the show.
Musical theatre takes longer to prepare so extend the planning and rehearsal time.
Early in the Process:
- Collaborates with Director.
- Attend Auditions with the Director.
- Schedules music rehearsals in collaboration with the Director.
- Teach the cast members the show’s music.
- Work with the sound design.
- Attend production meetings.
- Attend rehearsals as required by the Director.
- Ensure the Stage Manager and Prompter have copies of all lyrics.
- Attend tech and dress rehearsal to finalize the music requirements.