The Head Carpenter is responsible to the Set Designer and Director.
Early in the Process:
- Interprets the Set Designer’s drawing into reality of a set.
- Attends production meetings as required.
- Works within a budget.
- Assess material requirements and determine material list.
- Recruit assistants.
- Acquire set materials from storage and purchase new materials as required.
- Construct sets and make ready for painters.
- Transport sets to venue and set up.
- Dismantle sets after the run.
10.Return salvage material to storage and dispose of scrap material.
- Attend rehearsals as needed.
- Attend the tech and dress rehearsal to ensure that set is ready for show.
After the Run:
Supervise return of borrowed items.